Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Baby!

Just before turning 4! 

Yesterday my baby turned 4. (#Ohmygoshwherehasthetimegone?!!!?) I feel like she is more "little girl" than toddler now, and when I think about it I start to panic at how fast she is growing up! We spent her birthday doing lots of fun things.. we played in the morning and then went to see "Puss in Boots", which she loved! Then we went to a playground for a bit. After dinner my sister and nephews came over and we all had cake and she opened presents. I cherished every moment with my baby while simultaneously looking at her with awe and wonder at how big she is, and the appreciation of WHO she is.


She is my purple girl. If she sees anything purple she gets excited and exclaims "purple is my favorite color!" Hence, she wears purple clothes almost every day and got to have a delicious purple birthday cake ;)


She is as always SO STINKING SMART! She reasons with me and asks me things like.. if this is this way, what about that other thing?,.. and so on.

She has an incredible memory, especially for songs. She can hear a song a couple times and then be singing along. We love to sing in the car and she loves to be videotaped while she's singing. Her current favorite songs are "Hey Soul Sister", "Stuck Like Glue", and "Hey Na Na". She also heard "Moves like Jagger" ONCE in her daddy's car and has been singing the chorus all week... hahaha

She is so funny and witty! She loves to tease me and her papi (dad). She actually makes her own little jokes! She loves to dance and make silly faces just to get a laugh out of us.




She likes the bad guys in stories and movies. If judging whether or not she wants to read/watch something, she must first find out if there are bad guys and what their names are. lol

She is starting to have "best friends"... and even if she meets someone at the park and they play nicely for 2 minutes, they are suddenly her best friend!

She loves to dance and "perform". If she has an audience, she will put on a show!


She loves to put on makeup with me in the morning and is almost always wearing lipstick at some point in the day.

She is as strong willed as ever! When she wants something she is very persistent! She will sometimes talk about it for DAYS if she doesn't get her way..ha!

Classic Arabella "stink face" :) 
She went through a "strap" phase this year when everything she wore had to have straps. (Like a tank top).. lol

She is such a sweetheart. She can be very moody but at her core is a heart of gold. She doesn't like upsetting people (especially mommy) and she loves to please.


Her current alter ego is "Suuuuper girl!" ~ Her self proclaimed mission is to save people from "bad guys and mad scientists". LOL.


She loves dogs as much as ever, and Grandma's dog LuLu is one of her favorite "toys" in the world.. ha

She is a mama's and papi's girl. She loves us SO MUCH, loves to cuddle and play and be near us.

She still wants to breastfeed at nap and bedtime. I know!! Is she EVER going to wean? No signs of it happening any time soon and I have finally come to terms with bf'ing a 4 year old, despite the chagrin of close friends and family!


 I love my baby girl and I am soooo happy and proud to be her mama. I am treasuring every moment!


Happy birthday to you, my sunshine. You are the light of my life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment