Wednesday, April 4, 2012

recharging


photo credit

today has been a wonderful day of recharging my batteries. i have had leisurely coffee breaks (twice), got my hair trimmed, and spent a good amount of time being inspired by the amazing people all over the interwebs. ;)

i am back here writing again because i have felt the need this week to be conscious of joy, and the art of practicing it. it takes work for me. i get so stuck inside my head, analyzing and overanalyzing situations and relationships and the future and how to better myself and my life and it gets.. overwhelming! i have to actively step back and find the joy. i need to practice it.

just yesterday i was rather sad about a relationship that i dont feel is going anywhere and is kind of fizzling out. but today, after feeling recharged and reflecting, i realize that i am looking to that relationship and that person to make me happy.. an impossible task to ask of anyone or anything!! happiness and love comes from me. from inside me! it has to radiate out from that starting point and spill over... i cannot look elsewhere to be filled with it. how liberating this realization is!! my relationships dont have to be perfect. they dont have to always give me the butterflies. he doesnt always have to lavish me with loving words and constant touch. that fulfillment and joy has to come from me. and i have to be fine with or without someone doing those things. now i can go into our space again full with my own joy and not demanding that someone else fill me up.

so thankful for rest and reflection!

No comments:

Post a Comment